Appraiser And Client Feedback
Our clients, panel appraisers, and staff appraisers working in the field have shared some of their experiences with us. We have summarized a few stories of conducting business while taking preventative measures for COVID-19 below.
- "I was speaking to a borrower to set an appointment and he asked what protective measures we as a company are taking for precautions. I stated wearing gloves, respirator mask, and shoe covers and asked if all lights and doors can be turned on and open to eliminate having to touch anything within the home. In addition I ask if anyone is sick and let them know I’m healthy or wouldn’t go to any property. He was very appreciative and thanked us and our company for taking these protective cautious measures. We all have responsibility to protect ourselves and limit exposure to flatten this curve. Be safe AXIS family."
- "Just an FYI to all from out in the field. Every person that I have called today has said 'Thank You For Being Willing To Come Out!' and has been grateful! We are doing the right thing by continuing to provide our clients and their clients the opportunity to experience the Axis Advantage!"
- "Good morning, Just thought I would pass this along. My first inspection scheduled for this morning has been canceled for now as the homeowner's son's girlfriend was admitted to the hospital last night with COVID-19 symptoms and they are waiting on test results. The borrower and I were calling each other at the exact same time this morning. I am calling already scheduled appointments to review protocol and if the borrower wishes to proceed."
- "Today I called to confirm the continued good health of the occupant and the agent. Turns out the owner is a military pilot who has been traveling but could not disclose where. I contacted Kim and Michael. Michael made a suggestion which I implemented, which caused a time change but nothing significant:
- Pilot/owner left
- Agent went in (gloved) – opened all doors etc.
- Agent came out – waited in her car
- Appraiser goes in with gloves, mask booties, took pics, measured
- Appraiser leaves
- Agent goes in closes all doors
- Owner comes home
Worked like clockwork."
- "Good morning, I just would like to share with you what was sent to me by Relocation Company. I think, unless banks will switch to drive by appraisals, it would be helpful for appraisers to use this or somewhat similar script:
'To limit the spread of COVID-19 and following suggested protocol, I am doing my best to practice social distancing. I have modified my appraisal inspection process during this unusual time. I am doing this to protect both of us. I do not currently exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19 currently. If something changes between now and our appointment, I will cancel. I will not enter your home if I have any symptoms. Usually when I arrive at your home, I will interview you for about 15 minutes. I am modifying this practice by taking the following procedures. To minimize our interaction, I’d like to ask several questions about your home on the telephone. I typically do this face to face but am taking this precaution to safely communicate with you and minimize our face to face interaction in your home. I am asking that you prepare a list of improvements that you have made to your home since you have lived there and e-mail them to me (Or we can discuss on the phone). I typically ask for your Plat of Survey and or tax bill if you can locate it. I use this document for your legal description, your lot size dimensions, location of any easements, and the measurements of your home. I am asking that you have this document scanned, or if you do not have access to a scanner, please take a picture of it and email or text it to me. When arriving at your home, I will not be shaking your hand. I will not hand you my business card but am more than happy to text it to you. I will apply a hand sanitizer at your front door before entering your home. I will need access to all rooms in your home. I will be cordial, but I hope to keep the recommended 6’ distance at all times. Please understand, my inspection is visual - I am not a home inspector, therefore I am not testing appliances, running water, flushing toilets, touching thermostats, etc. Per client requirements, I need to take pictures in every room of your home. I may take additional photos while in your home to capture my “note taking” in photos and reduce the time I might otherwise be taking handwritten notes. I would appreciate it if you had all doors open to all rooms in the home, including closet doors, basement doors, etc. I pledge not to touch anything while in your residence, including doorknobs, etc. When I visit your home, if I follow these procedures, I can be in and out in as efficient of a manner as possible. Please don’t assume I am rushing. I have been a full-time appraiser for many years and have inspected thousands of homes and can conduct my inspection very thoroughly in a short period of time. If you would like, I will be able for a follow-up interview on the telephone after exiting your home. Thank you for your understanding. These measures have been taken to protect your family and mine.' "
- "I wanted to say thank you for supporting us out in the field especially in the area of being able to continue to perform full walk-in assignments. I have only had two customers of about 50 that did not want someone to come out to their home. So 96% of the people I have seen still want someone to come to their home. I just walked out of my 9am and while I was there they said multiple times 'Thank you for being willing to come out'. Not to sound like a broken record but I feel that in times like these the good companies step up and stand out. That is exactly what we are doing now!"
I’m a home owner here at San Ramon that required an appraisal for my refinance. I had the privileage of working with [one of your appraisers] to conduct the appraisal.
I just wanted to communicate how pleased I was to work with [your appraiser], summary highlights:
(1) Courteous and cordial when scheduling the appointment. Able to meet timeline required for closing.
(2) Wore mask/glove and took off shoes during the appointment (highly important due to sensitivity of current virus conditions and the fact I have three small kids that were home at the time)
(3) Has experience of area and neighborhood
(4) Completed appraisal in efficient time. Communicated his whereabouts to my wife and I from start to end.
- "Good morning,
I am writing this email to express my positive experience with one of your home appraisers. I am a homeowner is San Ramon and over the past few weeks, I have been in the process of refinancing my home. While working with my lender, I had some
concerns regarding the appraisal process during this current Public Health Order. On Monday, April 13th, I received a call from [the appraiser] requesting to schedule a time for the appraisal. I expressed my concerns of having anyone come inside
my home where my wife and four kids have basically quarantined ourselves for the past month. [The appraiser] understood my concerns, but stated was instructed to complete a full appraisal, a situation that was out of his control. However, [the
appraiser] put my concerns at ease by explaining his process and the steps he will take to ensure total sanitation and minimize exposure to my family. On Wednesday April 15th, [the appraiser] arrived at my house for the appraisal. [He] was very respectful and maintained the proper social distancing, something that is difficult for me as I am a very personable individual! When it came time to enter my house, [the appraiser] removed his shoes and donned a face mask and gloves. [He]
proceeded to conduct the home appraisal professionally and timely. [He] made my wife and kids all feel comfortable in our homes as he engaged in personal conversation with all of us. We are definitely living in different times, something that
many of us never though we would experience. However, some essential business and activity must continue, such as the appraisal of my home. I want to thank [the appraiser] and your agency for making the process respectful and enjoyable. [The
appraiser] represents your company’s values which is reflected in his personality and quality of work. Thank you!
Read about AXIS' COVID19 Response Plan here